Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Avocado Devilled Eggs

I had my Christmas/Year-End potluck last night with some ladies I've known for years from Young Nak. We decided to have a theme ingredient that everyone must incorporate into their dishes (except dessert): GARLIC!

I know devilled eggs are not the first thing that come to mind when people say garlic, but the recipe does call for garlic powder so it works ;) I've been wanting to try these out for a while anyway so it was perfect. The recipe comes from this blog called Eating Well... Living Thin(er). I haven't really checked out Linda's recipes, but now that I've fallen in love with this dish, I should! It was a major hit at the potluck so I recommend it if you love avocado and eggs (like me!) :D

Avocado Devilled Eggs

Avocado Devilled Eggs from Eating Well... Living Thin(er)

6 hard boiled eggs
1 medium avocado, diced small
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
Salt to taste


1. Cut boiled eggs in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out yolks.
2. Mash yolks with a fork. Stir in diced avocados, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt to taste.
3. Fill egg whites with yolk mixture and place on a serving plate. Sprinkle with cayenne or fresh, chopped parsley.

Very simple and quick! I didn't have cayenne pepper, however, so I just skipped that part. I usually use paprika instead in my devilled eggs, but I didn't this time because I had already packed it up into storage (my house is currently undergoing fumigation for termites -_-). I also used garlic salt instead of just normal table salt so I can get some extra garlic taste in there! ;) And even though I was generous in my scooping, I still had a bit of leftover mixture... which was not a problem for me since it was delicious on its own. Enjoy! :)

No comments: